A Carefully Planned Festival #5 happened on the 17th and 18th October 2015. 150 acts played over eight venues (our biggest year by far!). Big Scary Monsters and Alcopop! Records came along to host the stage at Night & Day too. The artwork was by the super-duper Joy Morris, thanks Joy! You can read the ACPF team’s recommendations here and look at the festival programme here.
Here’s the full line-up:
Best Friends | Shields | Sales | In Gowan Ring | Kagoule | The Chap | Talons | Hindsights | Delta Sleep | Signals. | Nude | The Tuts | Cleft | Let’s Talk Daggers | Boat To Row | Alright The Captain | Alpha Male Tea Party | Crushed Beaks | Kiran Leonard | Steve Strong | The Spook School | Bastardgeist | Axes | Trembling Bells | Hannah Lou Clark | worriedaboutsatan | Marsicans | The Orielles | Merz | Charlie Barnes | AKDK | Vasa | A Sudden Burst Of Colour | Kamikaze Girls | Haiku Salut | Let It Die | The Hyena Kill | Get Inuit | Butcher The Bar | Walton Hesse | Crows An Wra | Doctrines | The Gentle Good | Embers | Annabel Allum | Emperor Yes | Blood Sport | Natalie Evans | Aldous RH | The Great Albatross | Quadrilles | Napoleon IIIrd | Finn LeMarinel | Simmer | Luckless | Johnny Sly | Personal Best | Daudi Matsiko | The Spills | Mind Mountain | Campfires. | Bearded Youth Quest | Noxious Foxes | Cassels | PLAZA | Eyre Llew | Lazy Day | Mowbird | Mayors of Miyazaki | Dear Pariah | My Autumn Empire | Mat Riviere | LIINES | Richard Lomax & The Tontine | The Hipshakes | Easy Kill | Chuman | Bellow Below | Howie Reeve | Bloody Mammals | The Hundredth Anniversary | ILL | Godzilla Black | Mammoth Penguins | Baby Brave | Cecille Grey | Mechanical Owl | Zozo | Witching Waves | Cheap Jazz | Barringtone | Finnmark! | Ask My Bull | Blooms | Zach Roddis | Politburo | Desmadrados Soldados De Ventura | Bad Meds | Os Drongos | Jess Bryant | False Advertising | The Jelas | Moscow Transport | JOHN | Repo-Man | Alimony Hustle | Iran Iran | Jim Ghedi | Speak Galactic | Groves | Gaunt Story | Fuzzy Jones | Azores | Commiserations | Hot Shorts | TVAM | Midfield Workhorse | Toby Hay | Moon > Sun | Nick Jonah Davis | Slushy Guts | James Leonard Hewitson | Cult Party | Effra | Red Hippo | Bozchestra | Okinawa Picture Show | Piles Of Clothes | Counts | Burglarised | Jurassic Pop | Pifco | These Men | Limbs | Lucy & Virginia | SNOWDROP | Young Mountains | The Crooked Hooks | Tacetmusic | Lord Adonis | The Stay Aways | The Salsa Boys | Oh Well, Goodbye | Emma Kupa | False Nines | Lake Of Snakes | meinmysmallcorner
Press and reviews:
- Mike Hughes from The Line of Best Fit made us a smashing photo gallery for this year: take a look here.
- We got a 4-star review from The Independent (!); you can read that here.
- GodisintheTV said nice things about us here.
- Even The Stars came along to review Day one and day two.
- Independent Music News thought we have our priorities right, which is nice.
- Amiama from the excellent Silent Radio did a lovely review too.
- Yeah Buddy DIY had some amusing chats with Matthew and some of the artists playing during the weekend.
- Local Sound Focus came along too and saw an impressive amount of acts.
- As did Words and Guitars.
- And so did Louder Than War: Part one and part two.
- Elinor from The Mancunion had fun.
- Tickx did some top picks from their weekend.
- Punktastic and Now Wave did nice little reviews too.
- Here’s a preview from The Chord.
- Matthew did an interview with Birthday Cake For Breakfast before the festival.